Prepare to launch your own business, manage a family business, or pursue a leadership role in an organization of your choice with a Business Administration degree from Vermont State, in person or online. Take ownership of your education by studying accounting, entrepreneurship, general business, management, or marketing. You’ll have the opportunity to make a name for yourself as well as make a difference in your community through our robust experiential-learning opportunities. You will also be well-positioned to take the next step in your education, including a bachelor’s or master’s degree from Vermont State University.
Why Study Business Administration at Vermont State?
- Build financial stability: The median annual wage for business and financial occupations is $76,570.*
- Expert faculty: Our instructors are seasoned professionals whose decades of experience in the field inform their teaching styles. They know business because they’ve done business.
- Supportive community: You’ll learn in a nurturing and supportive environment. You’ll be a part of a community that builds authentic relationships and promotes personal growth and success.
- Professional networking: Benefit from our extensive alumni network of industry leaders who are actively engaged with one another long after completing their degrees.
*Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Concentrations in Business Administration
Students in this program choose a concentration to combine with their foundational classes.
- General Business
To apply, please select Business Administration from the list on the application. You will have opportunity to identify your concentration interest after you apply.
Financial Aid for Business Administration Students
Vermont State University is providing a high-quality, affordable degree in Business to students across Vermont and beyond. More than 80 percent of Vermont State students are awarded financial aid, including new students, transfer students, international students, out-of-state students, and first-generation students. Our financial aid team is here to help you explore all your options.
Internships & Jobs in Business Administration
We offer several opportunities for you to gain practical skills in business through internships, co-ops, career coaching, and more. Our Business program has a positive reputation throughout the state, region, and nation, which we will leverage to help place you in the perfect paid internship.
Internships and jobs held by recent graduates of our program include:
- UTC (Collins Aerospace)
- Upper Valley Aquatic Center
- Ameriprise Financial
- State’s Attorney’s Office
- Vermont Adaptive Ski & Sports
- Chaffee Art Center
Minors Available in the Business Administration Program
Interested in adding a minor to your degree program? See minors available in the Business Administration program below.
“What’s great is that there are students of many ages here. I’m certainly not the youngest student, but I’m not the oldest either. I have never felt out of place because of my age. In fact, I have always felt welcome, which has been very comforting.”Sarah Day, ’16