Become a sought-after data scientist in what LinkedIn has called “the most promising career.” Learn to make meaning out of large data sets to drive decision-making in any industry. Data Science combines mathematics, computer science, business intelligence, and behavioral sciences. Today’s leaders are looking for new ways to use data analytics to help them grow their businesses. As a Data Science major, you’ll learn how to do just that.
Why Study Data Science at Vermont State?
- High demand, high salary: The average salary for data scientists is over $108,000, and 11.5 million jobs will be created in the next four years.*
- Small class sizes: Vermont State’s small class sizes mean you’ll get the individualized attention to thrive while building strong relationships with your professor and classmates.
- Hands-on skill building: You’ll take a capstone course your junior or senior year, focusing on your unique interests in data science.
- Everything is data-driven: In our digital world, data scientists work in almost every industry, including business, education, engineering, healthcare, technology, and government.
- Get ready for graduate school: You’ll be ready to pursue graduate studies, including a master’s in data science or Vermont State’s Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Financial Aid for Data Science
Vermont State University is providing a high-quality, affordable degree in Data Science to students across Vermont and beyond. More than 80 percent of Vermont State students are awarded financial aid, including new students, transfer students, international students, out-of-state students, and first-generation students. Our financial aid team is here to help you explore all your options.
Internships & Jobs in Data Science
At Vermont State, you’ll gain leading-edge skills for data science and data analytics jobs through internships, co-ops, career coaching, and more. Our internship placements will help you grow your professional network.
This program prepares you for a tremendous range of career paths. Sample job titles for people with an undergraduate degree in Data Science include:
- Business Analyst
- Database Manager
- Data Engineer
- E-Commerce Engineer
- Information Management Program Manager
- IT Analyst
- Marketing Analyst
- Software Consultant