Explore the many facets of science as a framework for understanding the natural world, including biology, chemistry, physics, geology, and environmental science, in Vermont State University’s natural science program. With a B.S. in Natural Science, you’ll be prepared for a broad range of careers that tackle current societal challenges using science as a guide. Students in this program can also pursue secondary education licensure to teach science at the high school level.
Why Study Natural Science at Vermont State?
- An in-demand field: The average pay for a high school science teacher is $61,820, and 78,200 jobs are expected to be added through 2030.* The need for qualified science teachers in Vermont is especially high.
- Flexible career paths: Whether you want to enter a career that will use your broad science foundation or teach science, this program will prepare you to reach your goals.
- Praxis exam readiness: Graduates of our natural science program are well prepared to take the general science Praxis II exam and the science subject area Praxis exams.
- A transfer-friendly program: The interdisciplinary nature of the program allows students to apply credits from a range of science courses from other institutions to this major’s credit requirement.
*Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Concentrations in Natural Science
Students in this program choose a concentration to combine with their foundational classes.
- General Science
- Secondary Science Education
To apply, please select Natural Science from the list on the application. You will have opportunity to identify your concentration interest after you apply.
Financial Aid for Natural Science Students
Vermont State University is providing a high-quality, affordable degree in Natural Science to students across Vermont and beyond. More than 80 percent of Vermont State students are awarded financial aid, including new students, transfer students, international students, out-of-state students, and first-generation students. Our financial aid team is here to help you explore all your options.
Internships & Jobs in Natural Science
At Vermont State, you’ll gain leading-edge skills for Natural Science jobs through internships, research, career coaching, and more. Our internship placements will help you grow your professional network.