Why Study Mountain Resort Management at Vermont State?
- Great job prospects: Gain the skills needed to move from a customer or seasonal worker to year-round staff at the resorts where you play in this growing field.
- Two-year program. Build a solid foundation for various roles in this field through classes in resort software technologies, business and marketing, environmental science, mountain and ski resort management, leadership, group dynamics, and more — in just two years.
- Unbeatable location: Our Lyndon campus is located minutes from Kingdom Trails, forty-two miles from Franconia Notch, and fifty-three miles from Mt. Washington — centrally located to some of the most scenic outdoor terrain in the region.
Interested in a four-year degree? Vermont State’s bachelor of science in Outdoor Education, Leadership, and Tourism with a concentration in Mountain Resort Management will launch you even farther into the field.
Mountain Resort Management Students Work Everywhere
At Vermont State, you’ll gain the skills for a wide range of jobs in year-round resorts and outdoor-focused businesses around the world. Our students have worked at:
- Kingdom Trails, Burke, VT
- Burke Mountain Resort, Burke, VT
- Stowe Mountain Resort, VT
- Bretton Woods, NH
- Okemo Mountain Resort, VT
- Mammoth Mountain, CA
- Palisades Tahoe, CA
- Park City, UT
- Telluride, CO
- Majestic Heli Ski, AK
- Loon Mountain Resort, NH
- Heavenly Mountain Resort, CA
- Breckenridge, CO
- Jay Peak Resort, VT
- Grand Targhee Resort, WY
Now the field marketing manager for Stowe (Vail) Mountain Resort, Luke says, “If you love the outdoors and want a career in outdoor recreation or the ski industry, this is definitely the place to go.” (Photo credit: Kathryn Sussdorf)Luke Sussdorf ‘12
“I like how work-centered the whole program is. It’s real-life and very practical knowledge. You’re going to need all of the things you learn here forever if you choose to stay in the resort business.”Emma Moore ‘21