Welcome to Lyndon!
In the heart of the Northeast Kingdom, Vermont State’s Lyndon community combines a love for the outdoors, an innovative spirit, and creativity to make an impact. Our diverse community contains artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, mathematicians, healers, and more. Whether on the trail, on the playing field, or in the classroom, you’ll find us building friendships and developing our passions as we prepare to meet the challenges and adventures of tomorrow.
Do: Things to Explore Nearby
- Kingdom Trails – Explore some of the best mountain biking and hiking trails around for all levels of ability.
- Burke Mountain Resort – Enjoy a beautiful setting for skiing and mountain biking, just 15 minutes from campus.
- Great Vermont Corn Maze – Find your way through the largest corn maze in New England, with 24 acres to explore.
- Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium – Peruse over 30,000 objects in this eclectic collection including historical artifacts, archival photos, ethnological treasures, and natural history displays. While you’re in St. Johnsbury, the Athenaeum art gallery is worth a visit, too.
5 Lyndon Highlights
- Snowboard & Skateboard Parks – Right on campus, enjoy outdoor recreation in every season.
- 13 Varsity Teams – With men’s and women’s varsity sports ranging from basketball to lacrosse, there’s plenty of room to engage — whether on the field or in the stands.
- Vermont Animation Festival – Enjoy student talent and hear from masters of the craft at the only animation festival in Vermont, organized in partnership with Catamount Arts.
- News7 – One of the few daily campus newscasts in the country, students provide a vital resource to the surrounding community and launch careers in broadcasting.
- Lyndonville House of Pizza – No college town is complete without great pizza. Enjoy a pie with friends at this local favorite.