Impact your surroundings and watch your ideas take shape before your eyes. Develop your skills in drafting, CAD systems, science, math, and technical writing as you prepare to work as a project manager, drafter, surveyor, and more. This program also prepares you to apply for bachelor’s degree programs in architecture and engineering.
Why Study Architectural & Building Engineering Technology at Vermont State?
- Many industry niches: You’ll be exposed to the many specialties within the building and construction industry to help you focus on individual career goals.
- Small class sizes: A student-teacher ratio of 1:14 means that your instructors will know you personally and provide individualized support when you need it.
- Emphasis on sustainability: Learn the key elements of green design, energy efficiency, and cost savings.
- Foundation for learning: If you’re interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree or professional certification, this program will help you build a path toward architecture school or other engineering programs.
Financial Aid for Architectural & Building Engineering Technology Students
Vermont State University is providing a high-quality, affordable degree in architectural and building engineering technology to students across Vermont and Beyond. More than 80 percent of Vermont State students are awarded financial aid, including new students, transfer students, international students, out-of-state students, and first-generation students. Our financial aid team is here to help you explore all your options.
Internships and Jobs in Architectural & Building Engineering Technology
Through your coursework, you’ll work on projects designed to meet the needs of local groups and organizations. Some students also perform energy assessments of building on our campuses and make recommendations on ways to reduce consumption.
Careers held by recent graduates include:
- Architectural designer at Freeman French Freeman Architects in Burlington, VT
- Project Manager at Cushman Design Group in Stowe, VT.
- Design Program Manager for augmented reality at Meta in San Francisco, CA
- Architectural / Structural CAD specialist at Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. in Emeryville, CA
“I knew that I learned best in smaller classroom settings with more one-on-one time with the teachers, and I knew that I would flourish in a college with more hands-on learning.”Dillon Delano, ’18