Design and build the world around you by seeing your ideas shape infrastructure, buildings, and building systems. This program prepares you for a wide range of careers working as engineers, architects, construction managers, or many other positions. This bachelor’s degree builds on our associate’s degree coursework in structural engineering, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and integrated sustainable design. You’ll get practical, pragmatic learning in the lab and the field, designing, analyzing and evaluating building systems as to their aesthetics, energy use, structural soundness, and sustainability.
Why Study Architectural Engineering Technology at Vermont State?
- Emphasis on sustainability: You’ll learn methods of green design that allow you to understand the roles of energy efficiency and cost savings in sustainable building. The program achieved a Zero Energy Design Designation from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensing preparation: This program can qualify you to sit for the Fundamentals of Engineering exam in many states. If you meet a state’s work experience and other requirements, you may also choose to take the PE licensing exam.
- Broad exposure: Building design and construction are wide-reaching industries, and you’ll gain exposure to both of them so you can choose your best career path.
- Job prospects: Graduates of our program have gone on to become engineers, architectural designers, and project managers.
- Small class sizes: In classes with a student-teacher ratio of 1:14, you’ll develop strong working relationships with your instructors and classmates.
Financial Aid for Architectural Engineering Technology Students
Vermont State University is providing a high-quality, affordable degree in architectural engineering technology to students across Vermont and beyond. More than 80 percent of Vermont State students are awarded financial aid, including new students, transfer students, international students, out-of-state students, and first-generation students. Our financial aid team is here to help you explore all your options.
Internships & Jobs in Architectural Engineering Technology
At Vermont State, you’ll gain leading-edge skills for architectural engineering technology jobs through internships or other job opportunities, career coaching, and more. The career guidance you will receive is guaranteed to grow your professional network.
Jobs held by recent graduates include:
- Designer at Black River Architects in Montpelier, VT
- Project Executive at The Bozzuto Group in Washington, DC
- Senior Field Engineer at The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company in CT
- Senior Project Manager at VTRANS in Barre, VT
- Structural Project Designer at EVstudio in Parker, CO
- Engineering Designer at EYP in Boston, MA
The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
“Seeing how many women and men were interested in the Women in Engineering and Technology Club inspired me. The community is incredibly supportive and encouraging.”Samantha Daniels, ’20,