If you’re not sure about your plans, you can earn a respected and versatile associate degree while you follow your curiosity and explore different professions. Our two-year associate degree in General Studies exposes you to a range of disciplines and provides a solid educational base for transferring into a bachelor’s program or moving up the professional ladder. At Vermont State University, you can design a program that fits your goals and future. Remote learning options also make earning this degree convenient for students who are also working full-time.
Why Study General Studies at Vermont State?
- A respected credential from a state university: Considering community college? You can earn an affordable degree from a state university that gives you more resources, services, support, and a strong name behind you.
- Study what interests you most: You’ll work with your advisor to design your program and select courses in academic and professional areas that interest you the most.
- Flexible format: Flexible class formats and the opportunity to go at your own pace, all while you learn what you want to learn and explore future opportunities.
- Career readiness: Explore what and who you want to be while you position yourself to transfer into a bachelor’s program or bring what you’ve learned to the workforce.
- Small class sizes and caring faculty: You’ll get personal attention in small classes from faculty who are invested in your potential.
Financial Aid for General Studies Students
Vermont State University is providing high-quality, affordable associate degrees to students across Vermont and beyond. More than 80 percent of Vermont State students are awarded financial aid, including new students, transfer students, international students, out-of-state students, and first-generation students. Our financial aid team is here to help you explore all your options.