It’s an exciting time to be a part of Vermont State University, which brings the best of Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College into one university to meet the needs of students throughout Vermont and beyond.
While new in name and form, Vermont State builds upon the rich histories of our three institutions. You’ll be immersed in the high-quality, transformative education our colleges are known for, as well as benefit from the greater opportunities this unification will bring.
While our campuses each have their own culture, we all share the common goal of preparing you for a rewarding career and active citizenship through an educational community that fosters intellectual, personal, and creative growth.
At Vermont State University, we’re better together!
Vermont State University offers you:
- Greater Educational Flexibility and Accessibility
With in-person, online, and hybrid campus and cross-campus learning options, Vermont State University provides unprecedented educational opportunities throughout the state and beyond.
- More Choices
Your Vermont State experience will offer a broader and deeper range of courses, programs, faculty, and student activities to expand your knowledge, build your skills, and launch you onto your path.
- Deeper Connections
You’ll be part of an expansive network of peers, faculty, and staff during your time as a student here, and upon graduation will have an active international alumni network to tap into for a lifetime of inspiration and career success!
- A Culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Vermont State, we strive to be a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff. Here, you’ll be supported and respected, in your classes, in campus activities, and in the greater community.
- Vibrant Locations
With five campuses along with learning sites that span the state, Vermont State is your gateway to the outdoor adventure and art and music scenes the state is renowned for — yet just a short drive to cultural hubs like Boston, Montreal, and New York City.
Timeline and Important Dates
- Vermont State application process opens for fall 2023 start
- Meet President Parwinder Grewal at Fall Events
- Federal Aid Application (FAFSA) opens for new and returning students on October 1
- First students admitted into Vermont State University in December
- Applications are encouraged on a rolling basis through the winter
- Admitted Student Programs available for students to immerse themselves in our communities
- Decisions encouraged by May 1 (required for programs with limited capacity)
- Vermont State University launches July 1, 2023
- Registration and Orientation programs underway
- Athletics programs begin
Vermont State University will be accredited through the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), the regional accreditation body recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education to review and accredit institutions. Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College are all accredited through NECHE. NECHE has approved the substantive change submitted that sought approval for the launch of Vermont State University as an accredited institution on July 1, 2023, if progress reports are submitted through AY 2022-2023 in preparation for their visit in Fall 2023.