Building a Thriving Community
At Vermont State University, we know the strength of our institution is in the quality of our people. To create a community in which each one of us can make our best contribution, we pursue the following values together.
- Respect: We believe everyone deserves to be treated with respect and valued for what they bring to our community. We commit to providing our students and employees with a secure and safe environment.
- Integrity: We commit to behaving in an honest and ethical manner to create a culture of trust evident in all university activities and decision-making.
- Student Success: We commit to providing students with holistic support to achieve their personal, educational, and professional goals.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Justice: In line with the Vermont State Colleges System Diversity Statement, we commit to nurturing a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive learning and working environment where all members of the community feel safe.
- Collaboration: We commit to sharing ideas, knowledge, and resources to work toward our common goals, both internally and with our community partners. We understand our success is intricately tied to the success of the communities we serve. We value teamwork, engagement, and a diversity of ideas and perspectives. We commit to a work environment that empowers everyone to think creatively and make decisions toward a common goal.
- Sustainability: We are committed to the sustainability of our fiscal, natural, and human resources. We are relationship-based and put human connections at the center of our sustainability efforts.
- Continuous Improvement: We commit to building a culture of continuous improvement that is evident throughout the university. We invest in our employees’ success and commit to offering professional development opportunities to support their continued growth and development.
A Legacy of Innovative Education
Vermont State University combines the resources and rich histories of Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College. Find out about where we come from and how that informs who we are today and what we envision for our future.