Life happens, and education isn’t always a linear journey. Our Applied Business program allows you to complete your degree, using your previously-earned credits to accelerate your path to graduation. Our experienced faculty will nurture you as you gain highly sought-after skills. You’ll be well-positioned to climb the corporate ladder or launch a small business with practical experience and the confidence to succeed.
Why Study Applied Business at Vermont State?
- Finish what you started: If you have an associate’s degree or at least 50 transferable credits, no matter the subject, you’re eligible for this program. Even if you started a degree several times with a variety of majors, you are still eligible.
- Up to 90 transferable credits: You may use up to 90 credits from any accredited institution to fulfill the 120-credit minimum required to graduate.
- One of a kind: We offer the only business degree completion program in Vermont.
- Career readiness: Our interdisciplinary program pairs your technical skills and knowledge with the in-demand soft skills employers seek.
Financial Aid for Applied Business Students
Vermont State University is providing a high-quality, affordable option for degree completion to students across Vermont and beyond. More than 80 percent of Vermont State students are awarded financial aid, including new students, transfer students, international students, out-of-state students, and first-generation students. Our financial aid team is here to help you explore all your options.
Internships & Jobs in Applied Business
At Vermont State, you’ll gain leading-edge skills for a career in business management through internships, co-ops, career coaching, and more. Our internship placements are guaranteed to grow your professional network.
Jobs held by recent graduates include:
- Maintenance Analyst
- Human Resources Specialist
- Associate Software Developer and Analyst
- Manufacturing Manager
- Operations Supervisor
- Project Manager
Employers of recent graduates include:
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- State of Vermont
- Air National Guard
- Wilkinson Harley-Davidson
- Global Foundries
“Growing up, my entire family was in the ‘business’ sector. Not knowing which specific direction I wanted to go in, I decided a bachelor’s degree would leave multiple doors open for deciding which path I wanted to go down. I would definitely choose the business major again if given the option. It really is a great degree.”Brad Pecue ’12
Business Technology & Management