Pursue your dream career in the sports industry with your B.S. in Sport Management from Vermont State University. With a strong balance of theoretical, applied, and experiential learning, Vermont State develops well-rounded professionals prepared to thrive in the exciting industry of sport management. With small class sizes, faculty excited to help you excel, and at least 630 hours of hands-on learning required, you’ll graduate ready to make your mark in this diverse field.
- Learn the whole business: Your courses here will explore ethics, strategic management, leadership, marketing, communications, sports law, budgets and finance, as well as facility and fitness center management.
- Graduate with real experience: Sport Management students must complete a minimum of 630 hands-on hours — experiences that can catapult you to employment in the field.
- Small classes: With small classes, your Vermont State faculty will really get to know you — and they love seeing you succeed.
- Career readiness: The Sport Management program has a 95% job placement rate. Our alums work in college athletics; fundraising; high school athletics and education; recreation departments and private clubs; the ski, snowboard, and resort industry; intercollegiate athletic conferences; collegiate summer leagues; professional sports organizations; major and minor league baseball; and as NFL agents.
Financial Aid for Sport Management Students
Vermont State University is providing a high-quality, affordable degree in Sport Management to students across Vermont and beyond. More than 80 percent of Vermont State students are awarded financial aid, including new students, transfer students, international students, out-of-state students, and first-generation students.
Internships & Jobs in Sport Management
At Vermont State, you’ll gain leading-edge skills for Sport Management jobs through internships, co-ops, career coaching, and more. Our internship placements are guaranteed to grow your professional network.
Students of the program have held internships in athletic departments at institutions including:
- Dartmouth College
- Georgia State
- Harvard University
- Middlebury College
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Hartford
- United States Military Academy
- Utica College
The Sport Management program has a 95% job placement rate. Our alums work in:
- College athletics
- Collegiate summer leagues
- High school athletics and education departments
- Intercollegiate athletic conferences
- Major and minor league baseball clubs
- NFL player agencies
- Professional sports organizations
- Recreation departments and private clubs
- Ski, snowboard, and resort companies
“The programs offered were personalized and my professors showed a true interest in what I wanted to get out of my education. I knew it was the right fit when it felt like my home-away-from-home.”Ashley Billings, ’14
“Being a student-athlete helped me get a job in the field that I got my degree in. I increased my organizational skills as well as my time management skills.”Ali Jones, ’16