Earn your Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene in three years and make a difference in the health of your community. Through this accelerated three-year program at Vermont State, you’ll earn your associate degree after two years of coursework and clinical sessions in our Dental Hygiene Clinic in Williston. Third-year courses are delivered online, making it easy to work in the field while you complete your bachelor’s degree.
Already have an A.S. in Dental Hygiene from another school and want to complete your bachelor’s? Our Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene Online Degree Completion option is for you.
Why Study Dental Hygiene at Vermont State?
- Hands-on clinical education right on campus: Your clinical education will take place in our 24-chair Dental Hygiene Clinic on the Williston campus.
- Serve the community with The Molar Mobile: Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll resume rotations to local schools and organizations to deliver dental hygiene care using the mobile dental equipment in our Molar Mobile van.
- 100% pass rate for ADEX Clinical Board Examination: Our low student-to-faculty ratio means you’ll get personal attention to excel in your courses and prepare for licensure exams.
- Work while you learn: The third year of the accelerated B.S. in Dental Hygiene program is fully online, making it easy to begin working in the field while taking your education from associate to bachelor’s level.
- High earning potential: Dental hygienists earn a median annual salary of $77,810, with 11% job growth in the field expected from 2020-2030 — which is faster than average.*
Financial Aid for Dental Hygiene Students
Vermont State University is providing a high-quality, affordable degree in Dental Hygiene to students across Vermont and Beyond. More than 80 percent of Vermont State students are awarded financial aid, including new students, transfer students, international students, out-of-state students, and first-generation students. Our financial aid team is here to help you explore all your options.
Internships & Jobs in Dental Hygiene
At Vermont State, you’ll gain leading-edge skills for Dental Hygiene jobs through internships, co-ops, career coaching, and more. Our internship placements are guaranteed to grow your professional network.
Dental hygienists work in general and specialty dental practices, in community health agencies, and in schools, cleaning teeth and evaluating and educating patients about oral health — which is linked to overall wellness, too.
Gain outstanding training and experience via our 24-chair Dental Hygiene Clinic on the Williston campus, along with our mobile dental van. You can also gain a head-start entering the field while you complete your final year online.
“I have always had an interest in education, health, science, and medicine. Dental hygiene embodies all of my interests. I also wanted a career that would allow me to give back to my community. Health disparities are prevalent in every community. In the future, I hope my education can help me to reduce them.”Amber Wescott, ’21