Submitting Application Materials
Checklist documents can be submitted in the following ways.
- Graduate Application for Admission is required for all graduate programs.
- As you submit your application, the Application Fee can be paid using the link found on your Application Status Page.
- Essay and resume can be submitted with application by following application prompts, uploaded to your Application Status Page, or submitted via email or mail.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended should be issued directly by the school and emailed to Admissions@VermontState.edu. Students currently enrolled elsewhere may email an unofficial transcript of in progress coursework; this may be used for review purposes, yet all final, official transcripts are required for enrollment.
- Current letters of recommendation must be submitted by the author. If you request letters of recommendation when completing your application, your recommenders receive email notice that you requested a recommendation and will then be able to submit through the link provided. They can otherwise submit via email or mail to admissions. Letters sent via email must contain the contact information of the recommender and the full name of the applicant. Letters from family members and friends are not permitted.
- Interviews can be arranged by contacting Admissions.
- Art portfolio can be submitted electronically to your Application/Application Status Page.
- Test scores, if required, can be officially submitted from the testing organization.
- Additional program-specific requirements requested can be uploaded to your Application Status Page or submitted via email.
Vermont State University school codes and avenues for document submission:
Vermont State University codes will be and can be used:
Vermont State University’s School Code:
All students should use this code when completing their FAFSA,
regardless of their campus affiliation.
Vermont State is built on the best of Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College. If need be, codes for our current institutions can be used and will navigate to Vermont State University Admissions and Financial Aid Offices.
Admissions Office mailing address:
Vermont State University, Office of Admissions,
PO Box 500,
Randolph Center, VT 05061
Admissions Office email:
Admissions Office fax # 802.468.1476