Mechanical engineering is a broad field encompassing everything from heating and air conditioning design for commercial buildings to medical devices or automotive design. An associate degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Vermont State provides you with skills in design, manufacturing, engineering science, math, and physics, as well as hands-on experience. You will be prepared to be the essential link between the development engineer and the highly-skilled craftsperson manufacturing high-technology devices that power the nation and the world.
Why Study Mechanical Engineering Technology at Vermont State?
- Small class sizes: Work closely with our caring faculty and get extra help if needed so you can successfully finish the program with confidence.
- State-of-the-art equipment: Our engineering laboratories contain cutting-edge equipment for you to develop and hone your skills. We rival Ivy League schools in the quality and quantity of equipment available.
- Hands-on learning: Your curriculum is a 1:1 ratio of classroom and lab time, starting from the very first week. You’ll apply the skills and concepts from your lecture directly to projects in the lab, cutting down on the amount of on-the-job training you’ll need later.
- Multiple career options: After graduation, you’ll be positioned to enter the workforce or easily transition to a bachelor’s degree program, including other programs at Vermont State.
- Regional respect: Local employers know the quality of the mechanical engineering education we provide and are enthusiastic about providing our students with paid internships.
Financial Aid for Mechanical Engineering Technology Students
Vermont State University is providing a high-quality, affordable degree in mechanical engineering technology to students across Vermont and beyond. More than 80 percent of Vermont State students are awarded financial aid, including new students, transfer students, international students, out-of-state students, and first-generation students. Our financial aid team is here to help you explore all your options.
Internships & Jobs in Mechanical Engineering Technology
At Vermont State, you’ll gain leading-edge skills for mechanical engineering technology jobs through internships, co-ops, career coaching, and more. Our internship placements will help you grow your professional network.
Local employers know the quality of our mechanical engineering education program, and are enthusiastic about providing our students with paid internships. We’ll help connect you to local businesses for internship opportunities.
You’ll also serve as a leader for a team of students producing a mechanical product from conception to completion for a real-world company.
This program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
“Every success in my life can be traced back to my training in this program. Once I had that fully grounded experience, the rest of my career was set for success.”Dennis Grimard, ’77